Prodel Limited wants you feel assured that we will use any information held about you wisely and safely:
- We will only ask you for the minimum information we really need from you;
- We will do our utmost to keep your information secure from criminal theft;
- We will only share the minimum information required by third parties to fulfil our services (e.g. for deliveries of ordered merchandise or for image licensing purposes)
- We will not use, share or sell your information for any other purposes.
If you would like to get in touch about anything in this policy or about your personal data then please contact Nigel Doherty
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Telephone: 01280 848485; Mobile: 07712 589846) or write to us at Prodel Limited, Unit 7a, West Well Farm, Barton Road, Tingewick, Buckingham, MK18 4BD.
2 The Data we Collect
Prodel Photographic is active in the following core areas:
- Commissioned photography assignments for private and commercial clients
- Studio Hire
- Image Restoration
- Studio Day and Photography Workshops
- Creating photographic images for portfolio use and for sale, directly, and worldwide, via image libraries
As a "data controller" we collect a variety of data in order to deliver and administer these services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
Depending on the nature of the work, where the information is not already given by you at the time of your enquiry or when making a booking, we may ask for the following details:
Name; Email Address; Postal Address and Post Code; Company Name and your Position; Telephone Number and Mobile Number; Date of Birth (only when required in relation to photography assignments)
With photography being a part of our business, we may also create and manage images of you and/or your property, as per our contractual agreement(s). We do not tag images with identifiable data unless we are specifically asked to do so in “release forms”.
3 Our Website
Cookies: The Prodel Photographic website is operated via a Adobe Portfolio facility. Like most websites, when you visit, Cookies will normally be collected. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user's computer and are stored on the user's web browser to “enhance” their visit. Analytical data also gathers information on website traffic etc.
Website Links: Our website also contains links to other websites run by other companies. This statement applies only to our website. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other sites.
4 Which Third Parties do we share Personal Data With and Why?
Depending on the nature of the work and the specific reason for which the personal data was collected, relevant data may be shared with, or via, the following third parties:
- Print laboratories and couriers, for delivery purposes
- Our accountant, for accounting and tax purposes
- Our website (images or references)
- Nikon MySpace” for online client proofing of images before they are released;
- DropBox to make images and/or documents available for client or stakeholder download.
- Our mail email service providers (123-reg and Gmail)
- Images for sale may also be shared via stock images libraries such as Alamy.com.
The majority of the data will be retained within the UK or EU. However, some personal data may be transferred to, or via, a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) e.g. if a third party we utilise could have servers located outside of the EEA.
Any data transferred to the United States will be under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
Stock images will typically be offered for sale on a worldwide basis via stock image libraries and their associated agents.
There may also be certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
5 How do we keep your Personal Data secure?
We keep your data secure by following internal policies of good practice and physical security. We only collect what we absolutely need. We only store the absolute minimum online and for the minimum necessary period. We back-up off line to alternate locations.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
6 How long do we keep your Personal Data?
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing.
We may keep some of your personal data for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes.
For commissions where the Contracts are “Signed as Deeds” we are required to keep project records for 12 years.
In the general case of images, we will keep your images for 12 months and may at any point afterwards archive the images indefinitely, along with your relevant details and consent forms. This enables us to support requests for replacement images, which could be made several years after being taken.
When we do, we will let you know by changing the date on this policy, and will directly notify customers if there are any significant changes which directly affect them.
8 You have the following Rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased*
* This is subject to legal obligation being fulfilled (e.g. for tax and accounting purposes). Please also note that any permanent image usage licences that have been issued for images with model or property release forms cannot be revoked. The best we can do under these circumstances is withdraw the images from further sale. Where the images have been offered for sale worldwide this may take several months.